Your true traveller finds boredom rather agreeable than painful.
It is the symbol of his liberty - his excessive freedom.
He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically,
but almost with pleasure.

Aldous Huxley


Monday, May 26, 2008

On my way...

That's it, finally the day has come, I'm going to China. As one would say "nothing taste better than dumplings"... Yes, it's gonna be my strangest 3 months I guess. And hopefully I'll speak fluantly chinese in the end... but in the meantime... Anyways, my backpack is nearly ready and there is barelly 20h of travelling separating me from China. My heart's starting to beat faster while I write. I realised the other day that I haven't travelled for that long since my sabbatical year in 2005/2006. And I never experienced such a cultural choc as the one I'm going to have... but that's the beauty of the thing, isn't it? Yeah.

0 comments: