Your true traveller finds boredom rather agreeable than painful.
It is the symbol of his liberty - his excessive freedom.
He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically,
but almost with pleasure.

Aldous Huxley


Thursday, May 21, 2009

This is Enigmatic Worthlessness!



Yes, this is enigmatic worthlessness at a high degree. But ain't worthlessness so good? Today, my father, my brother and myself went to meet "the guys": a troop of semi-retired people who go have a cup of coffee almost each morning and discuss literature sessions, theater projects and the Cannes Festival. Very nice. I hope I when I retire - if it happens and that I'm still alive, and also if the global warming hasn't become too warm, or the pig flu too pandemic or mutated to horse flu - I can also be a cool hanging around guy talking about my last piece of genius writing or my last travel to Uzbekistan or whatever... Yes.